The UK officials have made it crystal clear that all drivers driving illegitimately without a certified license or without carrying their own license will be taken into custody for questioning. Their cars will also be seized by the local police station and will remain seized till the drivers get a registered license and also pay off some penances imposed on them. Considering the strict rules and regulations for drivers in the UK, the penalty amount can be expected to be a lump-sum.
The Reasons To Keep Your Driver’s License With You At All Times:
Well, that seems to be pretty clear why it is important to have a driver’s license in your wallet at all times if you happen to be in Great Britain. However, this is not just the only reason. There are plenty; which are as follows:
- Your driver’s license is your identity proof, and it shows that you are in charge of the vehicle you are riding. Even if a police officer pulls you over, he/she will have to let you through as your license will prove that you are licensed to drive on UK roads. So it is one of the must-carry items while driving.
- The countryside roads in the UK can be very bumpy and with streets anyway full of rough patches, accidents happen all the time this part of the world. Hence if you, unfortunately, collide with someone and get hurt, your drivers’ license will enable the locals to admit you to a nearby hospital and start your treatments. UK hospitals will also use the details given in your license to inform your family about your unfortunate incident.
- If you happen to be in the UK and want to buy tobacco or for that matter alcohol, then make sure that you have your drivers’ license with you in your wallet. Storekeepers or cashiers accept driver’s license for checking your age and identification. Without it, you will not be allowed to take any bottles or cigarettes from the store.
- It’s the same if you want to hit any club or bar in the UK. And to make things clear, you can simply forget about the fake Identity cards as the bouncers have seen it all before. It is only by flashing your laminate that you will be allowed access through that door.
- If you happen to be a blood donor or organ donor, the hospital officials will check your driver’s license for the universal organ donor insignia which will be present on your license. Hence, they will be certain that if you do pass away, then they can use your organs to make others better.
- If you constantly travel within the UK, then your driver license is of utmost importance. Most of the UK airlines want you to showcase your drivers’ along with your boarding access and then only you will be given a permit to board the aircraft.
These are some of the essential reasons why you should always keep your drivers’ license in your wallet, especially if you reside in the UK. So make sure to do that and also keep updating your license whenever opportunities are available.